Wednesday 30 July 2008

"All who knew Him" Jan 1986

"All who knew Him
liked and respected him and
we will miss him deeply"

My God! The baby's crying again
Shut it up! Shut it up!
He's driving me mad
Lord! Pass me a Valium

His shoes are scuffed and dirty
How many times, how many?
Have I told him
My God! He'll be the same at thirty

Get up! Get up will you?
You've a job now
Quick. you going to be late
Is THAT your wage? Here's my I.O.U

Her! He must be joking
She's common. A trollop!
She's far too young
Marry a lass that's an investment

I was proud to see him with his brother
standing there
and him the best man as well
a fine woman; she'll make me a grandmother

Look at him! Going on forty
what a useless lump
Why did I ever marry such a man?
Who would have ever thought?

He says he's ill - he can't be!
Its an excuse to shirk
off work - what about the kids?
He's very quite and still
Speak to me!!!

"All who new Him
liked and respected him and
we will miss him deeply"

No comments: