Sunday 3 August 2008

To race the salmon time (May 86) To Billy -one of the few who can still speak Nadsat - vidi well little bratchki...vidi well...

To race the salmon time

In my wild and many hued times
Of smoking trees and besotted grass
I have watched the salmon leap
I have watched the river pass
The wriggling yearlings newborn
Hurrying down, the current’s helping hand
I have watched the salmon leap

My foot touched into the stream
By some mistake
The current’s force
Shook me to my core
And I must race the stream
And match the salmon’s leap
And I must race the stream
And with the salmon sleep



(Et en Francais…)

Emballer le temps saumoné


dans mon sauvage et
beaucoup hued des périodes
des arbres de tabagisme et herbe abrutie
j'ai observé le saut saumoné
que j'ai observé le fleuve passer
aux bêtes d'un an de agitation
se dépêcher nouveau-né vers le bas,
la main de la portion du courant
j'ai observé le saut saumoné

mon pied a touché dans le jet
par une certaine erreur
la force du courant
m'a secoué à mon noyau
et je dois emballer le jet
et le match le saut
et moi du saumon doit emballer le jet
et avec le sommeil saumoné


No comments: